MH-9B, 10B B Series Tonearm
This is the entry level arm which gives a taste of the legendary Glanz sound but at an affordable price. Available in a 9" version for European and USA turntables and also in a 10" version for the Japanese super-decks.
• The arm tube and vertical shaft parts (which greatly influence sound quality) are made from stainless steel.
• Along the main conduction tube we have reproduced a material close to stainless steel supplement, using brass with a tough chrome plating.
• The fulcrum is strongly supported with radial bearings.
• The anti-skate mechanism is insulated with ABS resin, and reduces reverberation distortion.
Design B Series
For model MH-9B / 10B
Guided by the motto, “Simple is best”, we worked to create a structure that diminished vibrations as much as possible, in order to reduce the source of distorted sound.
The structure of the essential arm rest / arm lifter / anti skate mechanism has been made of soft plastic (ABS) so that unnecessary vibration can be reduced.
We have used hard stainless steel in the arm tube, as it is the part most dependent on sound quality. As a result, the sound quality rises well and finishes with a crisp sound.
If the fulcrum, which is essential for sound quality, is a weak structure, it will reverberate and directly impact the sound quality. In this machine, the four large bearings are firmly supported, preventing resonance and shake, and providing the ability to trace smoothly.
The points where each part joins another are designed to be in tight surface contact to avoid using adhesive as much as possible. In particular, the assembly of the bearings requires meticulous sensitivity.
We took a lot of trouble over the curvature of the arm, to ensure that it would not become a hard-to-control structure manipulating a straight rod. (Imagine how an extra twisting force is applied by the hand when you manipulate an L-shaped bar.) On top of that, we placed “vibration absorbing structures” in the most suitable place, thereby effectively damping the resonance.
For the weight section, we have used two different damper materials: 1- aluminium, and 2- plastic (ABS), constructed to absorb unnecessary vibration over a wide area, regardless of deterioration in the rise.
• MH-9B 9" price including 20% VAT £1,499.00 Including high quality interconnect cable & AT-HS1 headshell
• MH-9B 10" price including 20% VAT £1,499.00 Including high quality interconnect cable & AT-HS1 headshell
Usually available UK stock (check before ordering)
Skip navigation Home page Site Map Contact us Top of the page Accessibility Statement Products Latest News About Us Help