REFERENCE XLR 40 ANALOGUE
REFERENCE XLR 40 BUILDS ON THE MULTI-AWARD WINNING AUDIO 40 RANGE OF PRODUCTS, NOW AVAILABLE IN XLR FORM.
XLR 40 is designed primarily for low capacitance as this has been identified by QED as a major factor which leads to a high fidelity experience. Further steps have been taken to eliminate minute timing errors in the cable by the use of a special floating Zn/Mn ferrite jacket alongside use of QEDs unique 'Tri-Conductor' technology reducing signal to ground capacitance to vanishingly low levels.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- AWARD WINNING HERITAGE Reference XLR 40 builds on the multi-award winning Audio 40 range of products, now available in XLR form. QED have joined forces with world renowned professional audio connector supplier Neutrik (UK) to bring you an innovative new XLR balanced interconnect cable with legendary build quality and reliability.
- PROFESSIONAL STANDARD NEUTRIK PLUGS Neutrik XX-14 Nickel Series XLR gold plated connectors are provided as standard with Reference XLR 40 cables. These connectors are rugged and reliable and are the connector of choice for audio professionals around the world. They are particularly suited to QED's Tri-ConductorTM geometry due to the additional ground spring contacts which make for better shell ground continuity for the unique electrostatic screen which is only connected at the source end of the cable.
- JUST LISTEN Silver plated conductors, LDPE dielectrics and legendary build quality combine to create audible sonic improvements. We urge you to compare Reference XLR 40 not only to your favourite cable but also alternative brands and models at any price!
- FLOATING FERRITE JACKET Absorbs high frequency noise signal components outside the audio band. When measured using high frequency measurement equipment, Audio 40 products convey a comparably cleaner and tighter signal pattern when its special Zn/Mn ferrite jacket is present.
- UNIQUE TRI-CONDUCTOR TECHNOLOGY QEDs unique Tri-Conductor technology uses a third Silver plated 99.999% OFC conductor which is integrally twisted alongside the similarly constructed signal pair to carry the ground return currents. This reduces signal to ground capacitance to vanishingly low levels affording the cable improved common mode rejection of mains hum pickup over ordinary "hot cold and screen" cables. This geometry is particularly effective in pro hi-fi audio applications when connecting pre and power amps using balanced cables.
99.999% Silver Plated Oxygen Free Copper 24 AWG Tri-Conductors with foamed PE dielectric
QED Tri-Conductors provide a level of common mode rejection not found in ordinary "hot cold and screen" cables
Unique floating Zn/Mn impregnated ferrite jacket
99.999% OFC outer shield braid for 100% electrostatic screening
High performance gold plated Neutrik XLR connectors with low contact resistance and high signal integrity
Conductor Section 0.25 mm2
Parallel Capacitance 35 pF
Self Inductance 0.8 uH
Loop resistance 0.130 Ω /m
Dissipation Factor@10kHz 0.0001
Nominal Outside Diameter 8 mm
QED Lifetime Guarantee
Lengths 0.6m, 1.0m, 3.0m
(Available in custom terminated lengths upon request)